Saturday 15 January 2011

Hi, remember me?

*Shuffles in*

Um, I'm the girl who waxed lyrical about the new Weight Watchers ProPoints plan...then promptly fell off the healthy eating wagon after a little holiday in late November. Fall might not be the best word, as it was somewhat voluntary.

As much as I tried, there was zero chance I could stay on the Weight Watchers plan in Disneyland Paris. The majority of meals* were based on re-fried cheese, re-fried chips and, well...it was all pretty much re-fried. McDonalds actually started to look like a healthy option after a couple of days.

While that might have been the excuse while I was away, there was really no excuse for hoovering up an obscene amount of mince pies and turkey sandwiches. I don't even like turkey sandwiches that much.

So here I am, several weeks later and 4.5lbs heavier according to my weigh in at my meeting this morning.

Bugger.

I know the plan works though so I've armed myself with a WW survival pack (above) including the oil spray, measuring spoons, measuring scales and choccie snack bits, and promised my leader Sue I'll get back to blogging. I've got a few other WW resolutions too.

  • Try something from the Seriously Satisfying cookbook every week (a book I'd highly recommend by the way, particularly for the entire mouthwatering section based on chocolate)
  • Use the measuring spoons, rather than assuring myself that the teaspoon piled dangerously high counts as one serving. It doesn't.
  • Renew my friendship with H2O. 
  • Find time to exercise, rather than excuses not to.
And here's my eating plan for today.

Breakfast
WW Dark chocolate and orange bar (Eaten at the meeting as I hadn't had time to have breakfast first): 3PP

Lunch
WW Bagel: 4PP
Flora Light: 1PP
WW Carrot Cake (bloody amazing btw) 3PP

Dinner
Small beef fillet steak: 5PP
Cauliflower, mashed with 2 teaspoons of low fat butter and some S&P: 1PP
Other mixed veg, 0PP

Snack
Mixed berry fruit salad: 0PP

Which leaves me with 12PP for a glass of wine tonight (3) and maybe a little cheese sprinkled on the mashed cauliflower. I did a 45 minute workout this morning too, and will be taking the dog for a walk this afternoon.

Not a bad day really, but then it's always a little easier during the weekends. The main struggle is to keep with the plan and ignore those emotional wibbly moments when all I want to do is consume mountains of carbs, chocolate and cheese. Preferably together.

Are you an emotional eater? What do you do to stop yourself doing it?

*The word 'meals' is used in the loosest terms here. I've never had so many rubbish dishes at such obscene prices. The cocktails however, rocked my socks off.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, good to see you back, that's really not bad a gain for a holiday AND christmas!! I lost 4lb of my "christmas weight" last week (5.5lb!) so it's not too difficult to get back on track. Let us know which recipes you've tried out of the new cook book, it looks interesting. Good luck with the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Bear, great to see you back and it is easy to get back on track once you set your mind to it :o) I managed to loose 4.5lbs in my first week back on it without really trying, I'm sure you'll do fine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY.. good to see you back! Fear not I stage dived off the wagon in early December, got back on track on Boxing day and was down 1 pound when I weighed in and 4lbs last week so you'll be grand! Looking forward to following your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thank you for your comments (sorry for the delay in replying, Blogger hasn't been telling me when they happen.)

    Great to hear you're all being so successful, it's very motivating!

    ReplyDelete