Monday 17 January 2011

Lazy Chef: One pan ham 'n' egg on toast

Hi, I'm Lazy Chef.

If there's a corner I can cut, a simpler way of cooking something or a microwave I can zap food in, I'll do it.

There's no excuse really. I spent years at school doing home economics and food technology (incidentally, the exact same thing at my school. Two years of which was spent making pastry) I even took an AS Level in it.

But being back on WW means I should probably re-learn how to cook things from *gulp* scratch. My challenge is to try out a new recipe each week from one of the WW cookbooks.

Kicking off with an easy one: one pan ham 'n'eggs on toast (pg 8 of the Seriously Satisfying book)

You will need:
A frying pan. Big enough to fit bread, bacon and egg in.
An egg
Bacon medallions
WW bread
Oil, preferably a spray one.

What to do:
Spray the hot frying pan with oil, and add the slice of bread, turning occasionally.
Add the bacon medallions, and fry for several minutes on each side.
Add the egg into the spare place, and fry until cooked.
Pour it all on a plate and add your favourite sauce.
Eat, smile, rub tummy in happy contentment.

It works out as around 5PP for me, plus you only have to clean up one pan. Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment