Wednesday 6 June 2012

A few of my favourite products

This week I've been trying a few new products, which are pro-points friendly and full of yum.



First up is the Alpro Almond milk. I keep hearing good things about almond milk on Twitter, so I grabbed a carton of it from Morrisons. For those not familiar with it, it's a blend of spring water and roasted almonds that has a distinctly milky texture and look with a slightly sweet and nutty aftertaste. I've been having it in my tea and on its own. There seems to be a bit of confusion with Propoint values on the forum, but the general consensus is that it's 1 for up to 250ml. If you're a big tea or milk drinker, this is certainly worth a try, as that works out better than skimmed milk. Oh and it lasts much longer in the fridge!

Next up is the Weight Watchers Rose wine. This came along in my pack from a couple of weeks ago - and I'm never one to turn down a glass of wine on a hot summer day (remember those days?) It's pleasingly light and fresh, and works well as a spritzer too. It's 2 ProPoints per 125ml glass.

Finally, it's the Express porridge apple & cinnamon pot from Sainsbury's. They're usually on offer, and they're great for a quick breakfast on the go/at work. Just add hot water, stir and eat! This particular flavour is delicious as it has real chunks of apple in it. I know it's not the cheapest or healthiest way to make porridge (around 6 propoints for the whole pot), but it's filling and tasty. Plus, no washing up!

What food finds would you recommend this week?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment