Tuesday 13 March 2012

Weight Watchers Porridge/Breakfast Oats, and Weigh In

So, the dreaded weigh in.

Actually I wasn't particularly dreading weigh in this week. I'd stuck to my daily ProPoints this week, squeezed in some exercise and upped my fruit and veg intake. Saturday wasn't the healthiest as we had dinner with friends, but then I guess that's what those weekly ProPoints are for.

I've lost 1lb, which I'm pleased with. That basically means that in theory I'll hit my target weight by the end of the year. Slow and steady wins the race (and fits into the cute dress)


One of the things that I've been enjoying this week, and has helped with reducing my daily ProPoints, is the Weight Watchers Porridge. I tend to have porridge a lot, either the sachet ones at home or those microwave pots at work. They're filling, but usually around 5-6 ProPoints.

The Weight Watchers Porridge is just 3 ProPoints, and because it's sweet you don't need to add much on top. I used a banana, but blueberries work really well too. To prepare it, just fill a large bowl with 150ml of cold water (I fill the empty packet up to where 'Breakfast Oats' starts if I don't have a measuring jug) and the Breakfast Oats. Pop it in the microwave for around a minute and a half (depending on the power), stir, then microwave for another minute.

A word of warning though:  Keep an eye on it when it's in the microwave. I didn't, and was left scraping it off the microwave when I misjudged the timing. Porridge in general is like the concrete of the food world, once it dries it won't budge.

What are your favourite low ProPoint finds this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment