Thursday 8 March 2012

The lazy 15 minute Weight Watcher curry

Don't you just love a lazy, quick recipe? One that means you can justify not having a takeaway when you're tired and tight for time?

I tend to have a few recipes up my sleeve that are quick and easy to cook when it's been a long day. Stir frys, fajitas and paellas all feature often, along with slow cooker meals and those handy roasting joints you can get in Sainsbury's that have just enough for two. But I haven't made a curry from scratch yet.

One of the products Weight Watchers sent me was a trio of curry pastes in handy little pots. Each packet contains two meat pots and one vegetable pot.

So, I gave the vegetable curry paste a try. Here's what I started with:

Ah, aren't camera phones the best? I really need to invest in a proper camera.

Anyway, this is what I started with: frozen veg (best invention ever for fat fighters), and the little pot of veg paste. You can do it with fresh veg but..well, it'll take longer than 15 minutes.

Throw it all in a hot pan sprayed with oil. Keep stirring it until the veg has defrosted. You might want to add a little water to stop it burning. Then throw in the pot of paste and continue to stir. The instructions suggest you might want to add more water if you want more of a sauce, but I found it was the perfect consistency for me.

(I ended up throwing in some wafer thin chicken for a bit of added protein, but it would be lovely if you threw in most leftover meats, or just on its own.)

Throw it in a bowl, and get munching. It's got a kick to it, so you might want to keep a drink at your side.

Overall, this couldn't have been easier - and it really was tasty. It's not the prettiest dish, but the flavours made up for it. The whole thing was about 8 ProPoints (the same as a Weight Watcher frozen chicken curry), and really filling. I think there's probably a lot of potential for versatility with this dish too.

What's your go-to dish for a quick dinner?  

p.s I've added a Disqus comment system, so it should be easier to comment if you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment