Wednesday 7 March 2012

Here we go again - Weight Watchers 2012

Gosh, that last post was very whingy, wasn't it? Let's draw a line under that eh? It's a new year and I'm back on WW.

A lot of things have changed in the last year. I got a part-time job next to my freelance work (at a Student Union, so I'm surrounded by student food...) bought a house with my boyfriend Peter....and then on Christmas Day he proposed.

What better weight loss motivation does a girl need than a wedding dress?

So, since January I've been back on the Weight Watchers plan, and for the first time so is Peter. Which is great, as we're not going out as much (perks of buying a home), being more sensible about cooking choices and encouraging each other.

January was good, and we both lost about half a stone (er, half a stone I'd put on over Christmas. Mince pies are little pastry shells of evil.)

February was a bit of a blip (we both were seriously overworked and had family birthday meals out), so we didn't lose anything.

March so far is going really well, especially as Weight Watchers got in touch to see if I fancy trying out some of their new products, along with their new cookbook. We've got into a habit of cooking certain meals each week, so it's nice to have something to shake things up again.

Here's what they've sent me:

It includes:
  • A pack of Weight Watchers Peach and Pear fruit pots (which I'm eating right now).
  • A pack of Weight Watchers  Authentic Curry Pastes (Get. In. My. Belly) 
  • A pack of Weight Watchers Garlic and Herb Bag 'n' Bake (looking forward to trying that one)
  • Weight Watchers Cappuccino Sachets (I don't drink coffee and try to avoid caffeine products, but my mum will love these)
  • A box of Weight Watchers Original Breakfast Oats (Lower in points than the porridge pots I've been taking to work - only 3)
  • A pack of Weight Watchers Mediterranean Sauce (Lovely for summer!) 
  • The latest Weight Watchers magazine
  • A Weight Watchers cookbook - Members' Favorites. I really want to try the Mashmallow and Squash brownies, and Peanut Buttery and Banana Bread Pudding in this!
I'll be blogging about how I'm doing, and what I think of these products (and what the fiance thinks) up until our wedding next April.

I'd love to hear how you're all doing though! Is everyone used to the ProPoints plan now? Any tips? Let me know in the comments.

p.s I discovered Sainsbury's do individual bags of frozen fruit, designed especially for smoothies straight from the freezer. Fruit always goes bad in my fridge/kitchen (especially as Peter doesn't eat much fruit or veg), so I'm chuffed with this find. Lazy? Yes. Improve my fruit intake? Yes!

p.p.s Weight Watchers seems to have a YouTube channel with some great videos. Worth having a look for some recipes. 

2 comments:

  1. I use those bake in bag things for chicken and do extra for lunch next day. Dying to great how ww ones taste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Helbri! It was quite tasty, nice to give chicken a different spin!

    ReplyDelete