Wednesday 26 January 2011

It's not fair!

Sulking cutiepieImage by Freydís via FlickrI'm pretty sure anyone embarking on a weight loss has uttered the somewhat irrational words: "It's not fair!" 

Maybe we've watched the friend or family member who can eat their body weight in food without putting on a single lb. Or we've worked our asses off all week, only to see no change or a gain on the scales. 

This week, I've been fighting back the words on a daily basis. I'm fed up of always having to watch what I eat. Fed up of seeing friends lose weight easily, simply by cutting out alcohol (I rarely drink these days and it's made bugger all difference.) Fed up of being fed up about my weight. Fed up of being a moany old diet bore :)

But I know those three little words are cowardly and only kick the blame away from my own doorstep. I'm a size 16 because I eat too much. Because I don't exercise enough. Because I've developed a series of unhealthy eating habits that seems hugely difficult to kick. 

I weighed in this morning as I wasn't able to make it to class last weekend. Not a single lb off since 14th January. 

I haven't been perfect for the last two weeks by any means. But I haven't been awful either. Which has led to me pondering "God, I may as well have had seconds of last night's dinner!"

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong, and I think I need to change my whole viewpoint on this losing weight loss thing. I'm hardly going to succeed if I'm always negative about it. And I know the plan works. It's worked in the past, and it'll work again. 

If you've got any tips of how to get in the right mindset, or how to get through this weight wall I seem to have hit, please do leave them in the comments. There's a bridesmaid dress at stake here :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Em,
    Its a pain in the behind alright, getting motivated, staying motivated! Are you drinking a good lot of water every day? If not start increasing. And are you exercising? If not, start small but do something more than your doing now, if you are already exercising, step it up a notch (add 10 mins more per exercise or add another exercise session)?

    My friend is a gold member and she's really frustrated with the PP plan because she's staying the same each week but on the old plan she had to lower her points to lose weight so she's going to cut the weekly PP this week and see how it works for her. Are you eating all your weekly points? Maybe lower them?

    It took me until this week to get back exercising after Xmas, its just rotten! Good luck with it all, you've done great so far!

    M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maura,

    Thanks so much for your comment! You're right, I haven't been drinking enough water and exercise is not happening at all at the moment. I'll have more time to fit exercise in from next week so hopefully I'll be able to do some more then. I've just booked in to start a pilates class too so hopefully that will help.

    I am using all my points, so maybe I'll try cutting them down a bit.

    Thanks so much for your advice! Sometimes you need someone outside to give you a kick up the bum :)

    ReplyDelete