Monday 17 January 2011

Back in control

Strawberries and bananas in a blender before b...Image via Wikipedia
Breakfast
Smoothie, made up of strawberries, blueberries, bananas and pourable yoghurt: 4PP

Snack
Mixed berries: 0PP

Lunch
Bacon sandwich, made up of three bacon medallions, 2 slices of ww bread and flora light: 6PP

Snack
Banana: 0PP

Dinner
Mr Brains Pork Faggots x 2: 7PP
Oven baked chips: 7 PP
Sweetcorn: 3PP

4 remaining (in case that banana snack isn't enough!)

Exercise: Play on the Kinnect for several hours, no idea on PP.
This weekend, my family kept commenting on how happy I seemed. And I was. Really happy. But I couldn't put my finger on why. It wasn't until the evening that I realised what it was.

I wasn't going to bed feeling guilty and bloated after what I'd eaten. And I wasn't waking up making empty promises to stick to the plan. Because I'm sticking to the plan. I've been back on it for a few days now and I'm feeling comfortable again with counting points and being in control and not having that horrible feeling like I've gone a bit crazy and consumed far too many pork pies.

I don't understand why sometimes I've got the will power to start the plan and stay on track, and why sometimes when I try and start eating on the plan again, I struggle and end up eating mindlessly. I guess it shows that I just can't jump on and off the plan as I like, because it's so hard to start again. Which, considering how flexible the new plan is, isn't such a bad thing.

I know that all might sound a bit control-freaky to some. But knowing I'm putting good stuff into my body (ok, and the odd naughty chocolate treat) and feeling the effects makes me happy.

Am I alone in thinking like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment