Tuesday 18 January 2011

Ah Chinese food, my old foe

BC spot prawn toastImage by Yelp.com via FlickrI love Chinese food. Even the slightly-rubbish-but-on-a-cheap-deal type you get in ASDA/Sainsburys/Your nearest supermarket.

But you can't beat a Chinese buffet. In particularly the rather spectacular The Real China in Camberley.

This place has three trolleys packed full of food, plus a teppanyaki bar (which I never quite get round to using despite loving teppanyaki food.) The food range is so wide that you can find sushi, dim sum, chips, chicken nuggets and fish fingers.

So it'll probably come as no surprise to hear that this place has contributed to my growing weight over the last two years. But seeing as I'm on track again this week and I've still got plenty of weekly points left, the boyfriend and I took a little trip to our favourite deep-fried heaven.

It wasn't that bad. I stuck to protein-rich foods and avoided the dessert cart (10 different mini puddings! Ice cream! Fritters!) I'd been fairly good that day too. More importantly though, I ate slowly and mindfully. I have a habit of wolfing down my food so fast that people often comment on it, so it's something I'm trying to work on.

Not entirely sure how many points it added up to, so I'm going to just write off the rest of my weekly points and be good for the rest of the week.

Totally worth it for the duck and pancake roll though.

Do you continue to go to your favourite restaurants when you're on Weight Watchers, or avoid at all costs?

1 comment:

  1. I still eat out, find with the Propoints plan it is a lot easier to fit it around you week, makes me feel like I'm not actually on a diet which is great :o)

    ReplyDelete