Wednesday 10 November 2010

Day Nine: Fast (Healthy and Filling) Food

Day Nine
Breakfast
Special K Bliss, Strawberry and Chocolate: 3 PP
Semi-skimmed milk: 2 PP
*****
Lunch (right)

Beef frying steak: 4 PP
Ainsley Harriott Cous Cous: 5 PP
Muller Light Raspberry and Cranberry: 2 PP
*****
Dinner
2 slices of garlic bread: 6 PP
4 dough balls: 4 PP
*****
Snacks
WW Cookie bar: 3 PP
Fruit Snacks: 0 PP

I'm a big fan of fast food. Not only because I'm busy and lacking in culinary skills, but also because...well, I'm lazy. For years, I've been so used to throwing some cheese on carbs and popping it in the grill, that fast food has become synonymous with fatty food.

But I'm starting to find ways to create quick, healthy and filling meals that don't require half a block of cheese. Or salad leaves. Because, to be frank, lettuce feels like a big, tasteless waste of space on my plate (I know, I know, it's healthy!)

Today's lunch only took me 5 minutes, and still tasted damn good. All it took was a quick rehydration of the cous cous (add boiling water and cover for 5 minutes) and a quick dry-frying of the beef frying steak (a much slimmer slice of beef with very little fat on the outside. Also, dirt cheap.) in a frying pan for a minute on each side. In total it works out at 9 ProPoints. You can always throw a bag of frozen veg in the microwave if you want a little bit more.

So, what's your quick Healthy and Filling meal? Do you have a go-to ingredient that makes a meal in minutes?

No comments:

Post a Comment